Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September Ipsy Bag


This month's Ipsy Subscription came a little late then usual for me as did my email. The bag actually came before the tracking number told me it was there. According to my number, the bag is still in Kentucky LOL! There is going to be a lot more babbling in this post because some of the products or things inserted need a bit of explanation.
As always so not to spoil it for anyone not having received their bag yet, it's below the cut! 



The blue bag feels like some of the others, a cloth like vinyl? The theme was Classic Beauty as seen on the dark maroon card. As always are all the brands on the back that you could have gotten with discounts for the month. As of posting this I haven't opened anything up yet.

Michelle Phan's "The Life Palatte" Sample 
The other card in the bag is actually a very small sample of Michelle Phan's new makeup line. She's been a You-tube makeup artist who specializes in tutorials for the average person.She got into Ipsy early and has teamed up to use their monthly products in some tutorials. 
She calls her new line "The Life Palette" which is eye-shadows, blush, and lip pots. The sample is barely anything really and even says above it "Sample for Evaluation of Texture and Aesthetic Properties Only"
Full size is actually 36 pots for $75.00

NYX Eyeshadow in Cryptonite  ES63A
This seems to be a full size product at 0.09oz.(2.5g) Cryptonite looks like a sparkly blackish color. I haven't tried it out yet but it looks nice in the packaging. 
Single Eyeshadow in 50 different shades $4.50 each

Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil K01
2.4g full size pencil. This one I opened because I wanted to see what a $12.00 pencil felt like (I get them for like a dollar at w*mart usually). I tried it on my hand, it runs really really smooth, smudges easily. 
11 colors $12.00 each

Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara
This is the first sample size in the bag at 0.14fl.oz /4ml. From what I gather off the website, this product is Cruelty Free. I'm not usually one to use mascara but this I'll try out soon as I can.
10ml $19.99

J Cat Beauty Fantabulous Lipstick in HoneyCrisp FL107
This one wasn't sealed shut so I tested it out on my hand. It's a fleshy beige color which has a smell like either chocolate or caramel. I can't tell which but it's yummy smelling. 0.1oz(3g) which looks like a full size. It's about the same size as most drugstore lipsticks. This product is also Cruelty Free
Comes in 48 shades for $2.49 each 

Freeman Beauty Face Paper Masks
You get three full size paper masks. Facial Hydrating Paper Mask in Blue Agave, Facial Brightening Paper Mask in Rose, and Facial Purifying Mask in Star Fruit. These are not like creams but an actual paper cover for your face filled with the product. I've never used them before but we shall see!
$1.99 each. 

That's it for this month's bag! I may be getting a different subscription service as well as Ipsy but I'm not sure which yet. I'll let you know!

Other products that you could have gotten:
Butter London Nail Lacquer in La Moss  (dark red)
Cailyn Cosmetics Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple (red)
Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil 
Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
Full Repair Full Body Shampoo
Full Repair Full Body Conditioner
POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in either Rose Romance, Coral Crush(came in a previous bag) or Fushia Flirt 
skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels 
Victoria Jackson Brow Pencil in Taupe

http://www.ipsy.com $10 a month for 5 -6 products worth waaaay more then ten bux. If all my products were full size this month and I added it up, they would have totaled to about $45. Now that's impressive!  


No comments:

Post a Comment