Saturday, November 16, 2013

November Ipsy Bag

It's that time again! I got my new bag super early! I'm still waiting on the other subscription box in the mail that's for ladies only. Hopefully, that shows up soon. 
This month's bag was titled Glam it up! which on the card told of a contest. Apparently, if you take a great photo of the stuff you got and tag #ipsy on Instagram or Facebook you could win a year of Ipsy free. 
The second card was from the brand .em by Michelle Phan that told we would be receiving not a sample but actual full sized product. The line is on the pricey side so it's nice to be able to get full size. 

 More below the cut!


Alright, I was already aware that the bag was going to be this gold..snakeskin? because of spoilers from other people. There were teaser pictures of the products too this month but I couldn't guess a single one lol. The bag isn't my style but it is my mother's so guess who's going to be getting a new free bag again?

.em Lip Gallery creamy color lipstick in Miss Moneybag (Some received classic or sheer)
3.5g 0.123oz.
$16.50
http://www.emcosmetics.com/
I'll start in with the full sized .em product. They could have chosen to give lipstick, cheek stain, mascara, or eyeliner. I was fortunate enough to get the lipstick because that's the product I will wear the most. Right off the bat the smell is kinda like vanilla (which I hate but at least it's not a crayon smell), goes on super creamy, and the color is something I would have definitely picked for myself. It has a sheer tint look to it and feels like a lip gloss rather then a lipstick. It has Jojoba Seed oil and Shea Butter. *edit* I just took it off because we got food and it's easier then reapplying. It leaves the lips feeling like butter soft. I'm not even kidding! My lips were badly chapped today and now they feel wonderful. (em michelle phan does not test any of our products on animals, nor do we allow anyone to test our products on animals. also, all of our applicators are made with 100% synthetic hair and do not use animal hair.)

Nailtini Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer in Caviar Cocktail (some received Champagne)
15ml 0.5fl.oz
$13.00
http://www.tinibeauty.com/
The second thing I will wear the heck out of is nail polish. The color I got is a "shimmering gun metal grey" according to the website (it looks like metallic silver) of which I do not currently own. Seems like a nice one for New Years. I can't try it because I'm currently stalling for time while at work but it looks very pretty. The polish has a smell, like nail polish remover. I had a few in the late '90s that smelled like that. ( Our Nailtini lacquers do not contain formaldehyde, toluene or dibutyl phthalate (DBP), and 'Tini products are not tested on animals)

Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched (Some received Summertime)
3.2g 0.11oz (Sample, full size is 10.21g 0.36oz)
$18.00 with Kabuki Brush
http://www.pixibeauty.com/
I don't put anything on my face really and never understood Bronzers. I've seen videos that use them to contour the face to a different shape but other then that I'm clueless. The one they sent is literally subtle, I had to put a few "coats" on to see it as a swatch on my arm. Kinda looked like a bruise honestly but the texture of the product is super soft and very nice. I could see using this should I start using cover up and blushes. (Pixi does not test on animals, nor do we have any other parties, such as suppliers, conduct any animal testing on our behalf. Pixi uses only the highest quality ingredients which have a proven safety record and are widely used in the cosmetics industry.)



Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Amethyst (Some received Topaz)
2.4g
$14.00
http://starlooks.com/
This one looks like it would be a great glam color to use for a partying night or holiday. The color is a soft looking purple, maybe lavender filled with super tiny sparkles. Word of warning, the sparkles get everywhere if you try to blend or smudge. I did a swatch on my hand and gave it a smudge to see what it did.(None of our Starlooks cosmetics are ever tested on animals or living beings, and are fully approved by the FDA and US Standards of product compliance.)

HSI professionals Argan Oil for hair
5ml (sample, full is 59.15ml)
$29.99
http://shop.hsiprofessional.com/
Argan Oil is not new to me but I've never used it. From what it says, you just put a few drips on your hand, smooth through your hair and leave it in. It's just that simple. To me it has an unpleasant smell, kinda like perfume and flea dip but it could be different for everyone. I'll try it out and see what it does. The website says it gives shine.

Be a Bombshell lip crayon in Shameless (some received Hot Damn)
2.5g
$14.00
http://beabombshellcosmetics.com/
Two lip products in one bag make me a happy gal! A burgandy shade that looks like it has berry undertones. It's light, has a shimmer and feels like lipstick. Trying it on I had to put a bit of the product up to make it more opaque so it is buildable. The smell reminds me of lipsticks from the 90's wear they didn't put scents in them and just left them as the product. There is beeswax in it. (They do not test on animals)

Total full size product cost: $57.50. So based on just the full size products alone, the bag's $10 price tag is already well paid for by just one of the items.

Other items received by other subscribers: .em full size products, GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment, BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow Sample, Cailyn Built-In Sponge Tip Mineral Eye Shadow, Kiss everEZlashes Lash Double Pack, or TRESemme, TRES Two Extra Hold Hairspray Travel Size.




No comments:

Post a Comment